I am a Post-doctoral researcher at the Leibniz-Zentrum Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft (ZAS) in Berlin. I received my PhD at the University of Leipzig as a part of the DFG-funded research training group IGRA (Interaktion Grammatischer Bausteine / Interaction of Grammatical Building Blocks).
I am pimarily interested in the issues in narrow syntax and in syntax-morphology interface, in particular:
- phi-features, class features, their formal representation and their role in agreement; my dissertation focuses on the interaction of (semantic and grammatical) gender as well as (semantic and grammatical) number features and the manifestations of their interactions in hybrid agreement patterns
- hybrid nouns, their structure and agreement patters they trigger
- case assignment and the similarities and differences between lexical and structural case
- motivation for the operations Agree and Move and their interaction (in what order they apply, what drives them both locally and long-distance)
- the syntax of coordination and conjunct agreement (especially in gender agreement patterns in South Slavic)
- the syntax of Slavic languages (in particular word order phenomena